Dear Blog

Lately i've not really been emotionally alright which is due to the news a friend gave me about his relationship.

It was just like every other day when u receive calls from all and sundry and i did receive calls on
this day. It was around 8pm when a tex came into my phone and i was curios to know who sent me tex message cos i was with
my Lady and we were just gisting when the phone alerted me. On opening the tex it read 'Something came up and i need to gist you'(Paraphrased). Really when i read that two things came to my mind about his gist: 1. That he has gotten a Job or he has been promoted on the current Job that he has and 2. Something is up about his relationship.

I gave him a call and that's when he let "the cat out of the bag". He told me he just broke up with his Fiancee.
Now that is not new to me and my not be new to others too, but what got to me is just that this two people are my friends
and even though i haven't known them for years but time spent with them showed they cared so much about each other and from pictures i've seen on Facebook on events they both went to, they are just inseparable and you'll think they are already married.
My Lady saw the change of face and she inquired and when i told her she understood from another perspective. My change of mood remained the same before i left and i think she understood what was on my mind, something like how safe is my relationship with her. She doused every doubt in me with the water of her words of reassurance and undying Love. I left her place that day more emotionally strengthened and Loved.

But i just kept wondering is it that some people were never meant to be? Is it that if there are issues in the relationship the best way to solve it is to say good bye to each other and the relationship? Is it that once we are tired of someone or if we see someone we think we can be more happy with we just quit the relationship just because we are looking for "greener pastures?"

The above questions can best be answered on an individual basis and not a general answer. I've been in two failed relationships and i've learnt my lessons too and am working on the path of righting every wrongs and making sure i don't foolishly crash any other relationSHIP i enter and privileged to steer.

He did say we should meet so that he can tell me what really went wrong, am still hoping to meet with him soon and am planning to see what i can do to salvage the relationship in my own capacity as a friend. When i told couple of friends on Facebook about this issue i was told to let things be, that maybe both of them where not meant for each other and that i should not play the role of God between both of them, that if they are for each other they will make up again. Hmmmm! I understood their points of views, but i think i should just chill until i hear what my heartbroken friend has to say.

But above it all i Believe in the workability of every relationship no matter the turmoil it may be going through. It is not about who is right or who is wrong, its about doing the right thing that will make the relationship work.

I Pray for every Relationship out there that whatever it will take to keep the relationship Strong and Solid that God will grant and make available to all in Jesus Name (Amen).

Comments

  1. i understand when you saying you had a re-think about how "safe" a relationship can be, when its in the engaged/ secured part. I would like to add though that a broken engagement is better than a broken marriage. Once one has chosen to devote to this person one has to follow through with it. I will advice you not to play God in that issue but ensure you know both sides and tell them your view individually not when two of them are there o. Itis painful but for every sweet thing to happen one must always work hard, that also happens in relationships too. If the guy is still interested, there is a saying that i normally give: fight for what is youra (never let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game), in this case it shldnt b followed, rather if you love something, let it go and if it is yours it wld come back to you. As for you, you are blessed for you to have such a sweet lady, that can read your change in mood soooo fast, dont let her go, there is not much of her type left in the market o!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Temitayo reading your reply to my blog brought memories back to me of the said day. I must really appreciate you for the reply and i wish it was to be as you wanted it. Thanks for the advice still i appreciate it dear...God Bless U.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment