BACHELORHOOD: CLEAVING OR LEAVING...

 BACHELORHOOD: CLEAVING OR LEAVING...

The heading given above sounds like the title of a book. Maybe I should start thinking of writing one soon (Just maybe).

"You can’t marry everybody. You are only entitled to one out of the numerous out there".

That’s me conversing with myself over and over again, grudgingly accepting the truth that when the time comes for me to choose a spouse for a serious relationship, I will only choose one.

The choosing process is not as easy as it may seem (My opinion o). It was easy for Adam to choose Eve because she was the only woman available on planet earth then but now, in modern day, we have billions of women and young women out there and that makes it a herculean task to choose and to choose right.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with my mum.

We were just having a Mother and Son 'gist' when she digressed into relationship talk.

I can still remember how she looked me in the eyes and said to me in my dialect “When the time comes for you to choose, go for someone with Character and not just Beauty”. That statement stuck with me like a stamp on an envelope (or is it like a stamp on a letter?).

I kept having a replay of that conversation with ‘mumsie’ somewhere at the back of my mind especially whenever I come across a lady that holds my interest. It comes as a reminder the way a mother will remind a son to ‘remember the Son of whom he is’, a reminder to “Shine my eyes” before deciding, a reminder to look before leaping. And am well reminded.

Leaving Bachelorhood feels like leaving the safety of the Harbour to a journey on the Sea of Life, feels like Undressing in a cold weather.

Think am sounding really scared of this unknown territory? Naahh! It’s really more of a mixed feelings. I so look forward to raising a family of my own and at the same time am feeling reluctant to let go of a known territory.

Bachelorhood got a long list of good times but also its not so good times. Still its a period in every young man's life, it's a season that shall pass but it makes much sense to recognize when to leave that season and move on up to another stage or season.

Maybe it’s high time to let go of the old to have the new.

Guess the Cleaving time is up and it’s time to Leave for another destination. So bye bye cleaving, welcome leaving...lol...
Let the Journey begin.

Comments

  1. Hi Reader.
    I'll appreciate a comment or feedback on what you just read.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment