BETTER THAN I USE TO BE...

BETTER THAN I USE TO BE…

11:50Am. Tuesday, 02/03/13.

Woke up this morning to meet a weather that makes standing up from the bed so difficult because it’s the perfect weather to stay wrapped up in the coverlet, with the light switched off and just lay there sleeping or not, the only thing that got me out of that beauty sleep and position was the reality of getting back to work after the Easter Holiday. 

A friend had earlier accused me of getting lazy to put up something on my Blog which to me wasn’t a criticism but an encouragement to know that someone reads my blog and wants me to give more.

BETTER THAN I USE TO BE…
Is a title inspired by Tim Mcgraw (Best Country singer I know after Kenny Rogers) through his song’s title track of the same name. After continuous listening of the same track I realize I could identify with the song.

Looking back at my (Romantic) relationship journey so far, I know I made couple of mistakes while trying to get my feet firm on the relationship ladder. After two unsuccessful relationships that could have ended in marriage, it was so clear that something is pretty amiss. I took out time with myself to really talk to me with the view to ascertain what’s really wrong.

Itemizing what I believe could be reasons for the relationship crash I’ve experienced in my little journey in life I came to a conclusion that I seriously need to ‘work on myself’. 
And I’ve been on that over the months that has led to 2years and 3months of consistent working on areas where i got it wrong.

Wondering why I’m sharing this? Well maybe because this is the place I can be as free as I can with my feelings and I also believe someone would read this and learn something.

I so refuse to put the blame on someone else for the failures experienced. I own up to all that went wrong (Am not self-crucifying me though) because I know I could have responded better instead of just reacting to situations. 

Hmmm…Reminiscing those events that led to the break ups, it really looks absurd and funny now because I know better but back then it wasn't a funny matter atall. If only I can rewrite those days I’ll so be glad. 

I know I may not be there yet (Being the perfect man) but I know I’m cleaning up my acts little by little, I ain’t claiming to be a saint or an angel but am a work in progress. In everything I look forward to becoming a better me. I’m not there yet but this I know that I am BETTER THAN I USE TO BE.


Comments